- 1.5V DDR3-800 and DDR3-1066 SO-DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
- Unbuffered, non-ECC, Raw Card B (1Rx8) and Raw Card-F (2Rx8) SO-DIMMs only
- Single-sided or double-sided modules
- 4 GB maximum total system memory
- Serial Presence Detect
- DDR3 800 MHz and DDR3 1066 MHz SO-DIMMs (Higher speed SO-DIMMs supported at 1066 MHz if supported by the memory module.)
Due to fanless thermal constraints, system memory must have an operating temperature rating of 85°C. The board is designed to be fanlessly cooled in a properly ventilated chassis. Chassis venting locations are recommended above the system memory area for maximum heat dissipation effectiveness.
If you are installing only one SO-DIMM, it must be installed in the bottom socket (SO-DIMM 1).
To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with SO-DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the SO-DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency.
Computer Memory Test Labs* (CMTL) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL tested memory list* for the Intel® Desktop Board DN2800MT.
The table below lists parts which passed testing during development. These part numbers may not be readily available throughout the product life cycle.