System memory features
The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
- 1.5 V DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs with gold plated contacts, with the option to raise the voltage to support higher performance DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs
- Dual channel interleaved mode support
- Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs.
- 8 GB maximum total system memory.
- Minimum recommended total system memory: 256 MB
- Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial presence detect
- DDR3 1333 MHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, and DDR3 800 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
To be fully compliant with all applicable Intel SDRAM memory specifications, the board should have DIMMs supporting the serial presence detect (SPD) data structure. If your memory modules do not support SPD, you receive a notification to this effect on the screen at power up. The BIOS tries to configure the memory controller for normal operation.
System resources and hardware (such as PCI and PCI Express*) require physical memory address locations that can reduce available addressable system memory. This could result in a reduction of as much as 1 GB or more of physical addressable memory being available to the operating system and applications, depending on the system configuration and operating system.Supported DIMM configurations
Computer Memory Test Labs (CMTL*) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL tested memory list* for this Intel® Desktop Board.
The table below lists parts which passed testing during development. These part numbers may not be readily available throughout the product life cycle.
|DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory|
|Single and multi-channel memory modes|
|Troubleshooting system memory issues|