TEAMSUN*: Improving Object Storage Performance
With the rapid development of the Internet and cloud computing, the amount of unstructured data—such as text, images, audio and video—has exploded at an exponential rate. This has the marketplace turning to highly scalable object storage solutions to meet growing data demands. Realizing the need for improvement, Beijing TEAMSUN Co., Ltd. (TEAMSUN), China’s leading IT integrated services provider, worked with Intel to carry out testing and performance optimization of its Openstack* Swift* object storage solution running on Intel® architecture.
• Enhance core competitiveness. Provide clients a with a highly scalable storage solution to improve TEAMSUN’s competitiveness in the marketplace.< br>• Improve utilization rate of storage resources. Improve the load balancing and data throughput capacity of proxy servers so the object storage solution can fully use its storage node’s maximum data input/output capacity.
• Optimize performance. Improve write performance of the metadata in the Openstack Swift object storage solution.
• Utilize Intel® 10 Gigabit Ethernet Converged Network Adapter. Adopt Intel 10 Gigabit Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520-DA2 to remove network bottleneck.
•Utilize Intel® Solid-State Drives (Intel® SSDs). Use Intel SSDs to store the accounts and container data information of the Openstack Swift object storage solution.
• Improved utilization of storage resources. 10 Gigabit Intel Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X520-DA2 helped TEAMSUN's Openstack Swift object storage solution increase its data throughput capacity by more than five times and the concurrent connection by more than four times. The data read/write capacity and resources of the storage nodes can now be fully utilized.
• Improved overall performance. Using Intel SSDs for metadata storage helped TEAMSUN improve its Openstack Swift object storage solution’s overall performance by more than 20 percent.
Read the full TEAMSUN*: Improving Object Storage Performance Case Study.