- Start the MAX+PLUS II software.
- Choose Programmer from the MAX+PLUS II menu. The programmer window will open. Note: If you get a message saying "Programming hardware is not installed" click OK.
- Choose Hardware Setup from the Options menu.
- Choose the appropriate programming cable or programming hardware from the Hardware Type drop-down list. If necessary, choose the appropriate I/O address, RS-232 port, baud rate, or parallel port as well.
- Click OK.
- Your programming hardware is now set up.
For detailed information about how to program Intel FPGA devices, refer to the MAX+PLUS II Help.