The latest device firmware for the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software version 21.4 can be downloaded from the links below.
Fixes for the following problems are included in the latest release (Latest release includes all prior fixes and supersedes earlier device firmware releases):
Change log :
Firmware version 0.11fw:
This patch addresses a problem that can cause boot failures for Intel® Stratix® 10 SoC Hard Processor System Remote System Update (RSU) Combined Application Images after a Linux reboot command is issued from Linux-socfpga running on the Intel® Stratix® 10 FPGA HPS.
This patch can be applied to the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software version 21.4 and Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software Standalone Programmer installations.
After installing this patch,
- RSU Application / Combined Application Images must be re-created using the Intel Quartus Prime Software Programming File Generator tool (quartus_pfg).
- A re-compile of the Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition Software design is not required.
Firmware version 0.37fw:
This patch includes the following items:
- CLEAR_FAULT after getting STATUS_BYTE !=0.
- EMQ reporting the correct SEU error caused by VID.
- Overwrite VR UV/OV limit for ED8401 during bitstream generation if INI setting is present: bitasm_enable_over_voltage_limit_overwrite=4W4BETXI@on.
- This patch addresses a problem that can cause boot failures for Intel® Agilex™ SoC Hard Processor System Remote System Update (RSU) Combined Application Images after a Linux reboot command is issued from Linux-socfpga running on the Intel® Agilex™ FPGA HPS.
Include the INI in the quartus.ini to overwrite the VR UV/OV limit for ED8401.
Firmware version 0.40fw:
This patch is to enhance the partial reconfiguration (PR) configuration time for Intel® Agilex™ devices.
Firmware version 0.57fw:
This patch fixes the issue: During Intel® Agilex™ 2x8 bifurcation mode, refclk1 not present cause PCIe0 can not be identified after reboot.
Firmware version 0.59fw:
This patch fixes the M20K functional error in the Partial Reconfiguration Region after partial reconfiguration on Intel® Agilex™ devices. The affected M20K are not used in the design before partial reconfiguration.
Firmware version 0. 61fw:
This patch includes the fix for the following issue: HPS boot instability or unexpected functional failures due to memory corruption because of erroneously disabled HPS RAM repair functionality.
Firmware version 0.75fw:
- SHA mismatch errors and AVSTx8 configuration failures when using an encrypted bitstream.
- Encryption and trng failures on Intel® eASIC™ N5X.
- Intel Quartus programmer support to load provisioning firmware via AVSTx8 using PFL-II IP.
- Internal error where a complex design's SMH contain critical and non critical bit in every region.
- Internal error caused by changing a existing device on a JTAG chain with different device family and subsequently start the device programming.
Firmware version 0.80fw:
Fixes a bug which can cause random Partial Reconfiguration (PR) failure after PR interruption by resetting LSM after the interruption. You must install 21.4 Patch 0.72 before installing this patch.
Please also see the following user guides:
- Updating the SDM Firmware in the Intel® Agilex™ Configuration User Guide
- Updating the SDM Firmware in the Intel® Stratix® 10 Configuration User Guide
Download the latest device firmware from the following links:
- Patch 0.80FW for the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software version 21.4 for Windows (.exe)
- Patch 0.80FW for the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software version 21.4 for Linux (.run)
- Readme for Patch 0.80FW for the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software (.txt)
- Patches must be applied to the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software and the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software Standalone programmer.
- Recompilation is not required.
- All programming files should be recreated.
- Re-run the programming file generation or conversion using the Intel® Quartus® Prime Software programming file generator.