The latest Device Firmware for the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software version 21.1 can be downloaded from the links below.
Fixes for the following problems are included in the latest release (Latest release includes all prior fixes and supersedes earlier device firmware releases):
Firmware version 0.24fw
- BUG ID: 1508945787, 22012654574: CONF_DONE pin fails to go high after reprogramming RBF with a matching key.
- BUG ID: 1508942598, 22012565848, 22012765813, 22012742291: Factory Image fails to boot after all application images are corrupted.
- BUG ID: 22012742782 : Not able to burn physical eFuses.
- BUG ID: 1508992408: Remove the invalid AS_CLK 133 MHz and 108 MHz setting from the Intel Quartus Prime Software.
Firmware version 0.43fw
- Intel® Stratix® 10 FPGA and Intel® Agilex™ FPGA ASx4 bitstream interruption test failed to recover from interruption
- Intel Stratix 10 FPGA secure device manager (SDM) hang causing JTAG and PR reconfiguration issues
- Fails to load image with RSU error with state 0xf0040074
- Fcs_client unable to do decryption after power cycle
Firmware version 0.52fw
- Intel Stratix 10 FPGA first configuration failure when VCC VID = 900mv and Intel Stratix 10 FPGA configuration failure when HBM error correction code (ECC) is on
- Firmware version 0.58fw
- Configuration failure in PMF auto discovery Direct Mode
Firmware version 0.59fw
- Intel Stratix 10 FPGA first configuration failure when VCC VID=900mv
- Intel Stratix 10 FPGA configuration failure when HBM ECC is on
- Intel Stratix 10 FPGA hash mismatch warning during configuration file generation
- Intel Agilex FPGA nSTATUS high pulse during Avalon® streaming reconfiguration
Firmware version 0.65fw
- Internal error where a complex design's SMH contain critical and non-critical bit in every region.
- Internal error in PGMIO caused by changing an existing device on a JTAG chain with a different device family and subsequently start the device programming.
- Intel Quartus programmer support to load provisioning firmware via AVSTx8 using PFL-II IP.
- Failure to read/write certain RAMs on some of the Intel® Agilex™ SoC devices, causing HPS Linux Boot failures. Impacted HPS RAMs include L2 cache, OCRAM, CCU, USB, CoreSight, and EMAC.
- Intel Stratix 10 fails to boot to FSBL after reboot in Linux, if a combined Application image from Intel Quartus Prime Pro version 21.2 and later is used.
- SHA mismatch errors and AVSTx8 configuration failures when using an encrypted bitstream.
Please also see the following documents:
- Updating the SDM Firmware in the Intel Agilex Configuration User Guide
- Updating the SDM Firmware in the Intel Stratix 10 Configuration User Guide
Download the latest Device Firmware from the following links:
Patches must be applied to the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software and the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Programmer and Tools.
Re-compilation is not required.
All programming files should be re-created.
Re-run programming file generation or conversion using the Intel Quartus Prime Software Programming file Generator.