The latest Device Firmware for the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software version 21.3 can be downloaded from the links below.
Fixes for the following problems are included in the latest release (The newest release includes all prior fixes and supersedes earlier Device Firmware releases):
Change log :
FW version 0.01fw:
- Intel® Stratix® 10 first configuration failure when VCC VID = 900mv and Intel® Stratix® 10 configuration failure when HBM ECC on
FW version 0.08fw:
- EMIF firmware for Micron 16Gb x8 E-die parts
FW version 0.17fw:
- An intermittent Partial Reconfiguration failure.
FW version 0.47fw:
- M20K functional error in the Partial Reconfiguration Region after partial reconfiguration on Intel® Agilex™ devices. The affected M20K is not used in the design before partial reconfiguration. [Bug/feature tracking number: 15011390636]
- HPS boot instability or unexpected functional failures due to memory corruption because of erroneously disabled HPS RAM repair functionality. [Bug/feature tracking number: 15011397500]
FW version 0.49fw:
- SHA mismatch errors and AVSTx8 configuration failures when using an encrypted bitstream.
- Intel® Quartus® programmer support to load provisioning firmware via AVSTx8 using PFL-II IP
- Internal error caused by changing a existing device on a JTAG chain with different device family and subsequently start the device programming.
- Intel Agilex CvP update failure after QSPI operation through mailbox IP
- During initialization, the SDM sends a STATUS_BYTE command to the VR to ensure the PMBus is operating normally. Some VR’s were found to be susceptible to noise during power on and would report false errors. The code now looks at the STATUS_BYTE response and issues a CLEAR_FAULT command if any errors were reported.
- During user-mode, the SDM will poll a supported VR (Voltage Regulator) with a STATUS_WORD command and log any errors into the EMQ (Error Message Queue). When an error is detected in the STATUS_WORD, a CLEAR_FAULTS is required to clear the errors to prevent repeated reporting in the EMQ. This patch sends a CLEAR_FAULTS whenever a VR error is detected.
- Intel Stratix 10 Fails to boot to FSBL after reboot in Linux, if a combined Application image from Intel Quartus version 21.2 and later is used.
Please also see:
Download the Latest Device Firmware from the relevant link below
- Patches must be applied to the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software, and theIntel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Programmer and Tools
- Recompilation is not required
- All Programming files should be recreated
- Re-run programming file generation or conversion using Quartus Programming File Generator.