In an Intel® Stratix® 10 E-Tile device Native PHY IP, the PMA adaptation status codes report the associated calibration being executed. The coding is as follows:
- Initial adaptation done => 0x80
- Initial adaptation in progress => 0x91
- One-time continuous adaptation in progress = 0xa2
- One-time continuous adaptation done => 0x80
- Running continuous adaptation => 0xe2
You should monitor the PMA AVMM registers 0x207 for 0x80 which means that a new message was received and the PMA AVMM register 0x204 for the status codes indicated above.