Starting mid-August 2023, the Intel® Arc™ driver installer will include FirmWare (FW) updates. Users experiencing this FW update might have any of the following questions:
- Q: Will the Intel Arc driver installer notify you that there is a FW update available?
A: Yes, the Intel Arc driver installer will notify the user that a FW update is bundled with the driver, and the FW will be installed automatically.
- Q: How long will the Intel Arc driver update including FW updates take to complete?
A: The Intel Arc driver update including FW update process will take additional time to complete compared to the regular driver updates. Please allow the update to complete without interrupting it.
- Q: What will happen if the Intel Arc driver update process is interrupted by an unexpected event, such as a power outage?
A: Once the system restarts, please reinstall the driver in case the driver install process was not completed for any reason. If system with the Intel Arc Graphics Processor doesn't recover from the unexpected interruption, please contact your system vendor to request a warranty replacement.
- Q: What happens if the system is rebooted/shutdown before the Intel Arc driver install process is completed?
A: The Arc driver install update process will continue in the background and you will see Windows' busy spinning animation. The Arc driver install process will continue in the background and prevent the system from shutting down until it is completed.
- Q: What happens if the Intel Arc driver installer interface is closed?
A: Please avoid closing the Intel Arc driver installer interface. If you accidentally close the Intel Arc driver installer interface, please re-install the driver.
- Q: At the end of the Intel Arc driver installation, the user will see both “Finish” and “Reboot Required” options available. Which one should you choose?
A: Intel provides both options, but we recommend rebooting the system after the Intel Arc driver installation is complete.
- Q: Will the Intel Arc driver update process inform the user which FW version is being installed?
A: No, the specific FW version to be installed will not be reported in the installer.
- Q: Will the Intel Arc driver updater also update the HDMI Protocol Converter (HDMI PCon) firmware?
A: Yes, the Intel Arc driver updater will update the HDMI PCon firmware. However, a HDMI display must be connected to the Intel Arc card for the HDMI PCon firmware to be updated.
- Q: Will having Windows' BitLocker feature enabled affect the Intel Arc driver update process?
A: The Intel Arc driver update interface will include a notification that having Windows' BitLocker feature enabled will trigger it. This is expected behavior.