Compatibility information for Windows 11* with Intel® Processors
Need to determine if a system with Intel® Processor is eligible for installing Windows 11*.
Microsoft requires specific minimum system requirements for Windows 11* with Intel® Processors. To determine if your system is compatible with Windows 11, use the Microsoft PC Health Check application to check.
Follow the steps below:-
- Download the Download Microsoft's PC Health Check.
- For more information on the installation, visit the site Windows 11 compatibility: Does your PC meet Microsoft's requirements?.
- Go through the steps of the installation.
- Click Check now to find out if the current system meets the minimum requirements.
- For more information, select See all results to view the details.
You can see the result, whether or not your system meets the requirements of Windows 11. See below.
You can also search for your Intel® Processor at Windows 11 supported Intel processors to find out if the Intel® Processor is compatible with Windows 11, but the minimum requirements have to be met as well.
If you are unable to find your Intel® Processor in the list of the Microsoft site of Windows 11 supported Intel processors, contact Microsoft for support.
For Intel® mobile processors for laptops, if unable to install Windows 11, refer back to your OEM for support.
For Intel® Boxed Processor in a built-in system, ensure the minimum hardware requirements are met.
The minimum hardware requirements for Windows 11 are listed below:
- Processor 1GHz or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or system on a chip
- RAM: 4 Gigabytes (GB) or greater
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later, with a WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: High definition (720p) display, 9" or greater monitor, 8 bits per color channel
- For Windows 11 Home edition: internet connectivity; Microsoft account to complete device setup on first use
- For all Windows 11 editions: Internet access to perform updates and to download and use some features; Microsoft account for some features