Troubleshooting steps for Error 27 issue.
Intel® Ethernet Adapter I225-V suddenly stops working. When this happens, it's not possible to disable the device, and the driver must be reinstalled to get it working again.
- Replace the network cable.
- Perform Clean Driver Installation. If the Intel® Ethernet Controller is embedded on an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) system, it's best to check with the manufacturer as the software drivers linked from the Intel page are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on the OEM system, Intel recommends checking with the OEM and use the software provided via system manufacturer.
- Change Speed/Duplex from Auto-Negotiate to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex to see if there was a negotiation issue.
- Uncheck the Power Management option to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Uncheck the Power Management option to Allow this device to wake the computer.
- Try to perform a fresh OS installation, and then test it without any Windows* updates. If it does work, it's possible that this could be a Windows update compatibility issue.
- If it still does not work with a clean installation of Windows, contact the manufacturer for possible RMA.