Troubleshooting recommendations for USB 3.0 connection drops.
Problem occurs while using a high-speed USB 3.0 stick (80-100MB/s). While copying data to the stick, the USB connection drops and is reestablished seconds later. The copy process is subsequently aborted.
Problem doesn't impact USB 2.0 sticks.
- Confirm that you have the latest BIOS version installed.
- Right-click the Start button in Windows 10 and select Device Manager.
- Next, click Universal Serial Bus controllers to open the window shown directly below.
- Right-click your USB 3.0 controller and select Uninstall device.
- Then restart Windows 10, which should automatically reinstall the driver for the USB 3.0 controller.
- Alternatively, you can click the Scan for hardware changes option in Device Manager to reinstall drivers.
|Note||If this fails, please notice that might be a hardware issue and this could be an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) problem, refer to POP or OEM for warranty options.|