Some issues with the Intel® Killer™ Control Center can be solved by performing a clean install of the Intel Killer Control Center, as opposed to an update install, where the latest version is installed while an older version is in place. When troubleshooting, this is an excellent place to start. Here are the steps to perform a clean install of the Intel Killer Control Center:
- Download the latest installer for your version of Windows*.
Note If you do not have Internet connectivity on the affected computer, you may need to download the appropriate installer to removable media, such as a USB thumb drive, using another device. If this is necessary, remember to copy the files to the affected computer before you begin, as the installer may not work correctly if started from external media.
- If you are using Windows 10 and don’t already know which build, find out which version of Windows your machine is currently running. If you are unsure, follow these steps to find out:
- Click Start.
- Type winver and press Enter.
- A box will appear with some information about Windows. There will be a Version number. Match this version number to the correct download below.
- Uninstall the Intel Killer Control Center manually:
- Go to your Windows search bar.
- Type in and go to Apps & features.
- Find the Intel Killer Control Center from the list.
- Click the Intel Killer Control Center and select the option to uninstall.
- Restart your machine by clicking Start > Power > Restart.
- Once your computer has rebooted, access your temporary files folder and delete the contents
- Click Start.
- Type %temp% and press Enter. Your temp folder should open.
- Delete all files in the temp folder. These are all temporary install files and are safe to delete. If you receive a prompt saying that a file cannot be deleted, you can safely select Skip All.
- Close the temp folder
- Run the installer that you downloaded for the Intel Killer Control Center.
- Select Complete when asked Complete Install or Custom Install. The software package only installs the Intel Killer Control Center and the device drivers.
- Follow the remaining prompts to complete the installation.
- The final part of the installation will involve forwarding you to the Microsoft Store* to download the Killer Control Center user interface. This is required to use the Intel Killer Control Center.
- Restart your machine if the installer requested a restart.
- Test to see if the issue is resolved.
|Note||If you cannot install the latest Intel Killer Control Center because you receive an error that says that the current package cannot be installed with one of our older packages, even after using this clean install guide, or if you encounter any other issue with installing the latest Killer Control Center, click here for our guide for using the Microsoft Tool for issues that block a program from being installed.|
If you experience issues installing the Intel Killer Control Center from the Microsoft Store after following this guide, click here for our guide on troubleshooting the Microsoft Store.
If you still experience issues after clean-installing the latest version of the Intel Killer Control Center, try searching for related articles in Support for your specific problem. If you are unable to resolve the issue, use the Contact support link in the blue banner below.
|Installing or Updating the Intel® Killer™ Control Center|
|Frequently Asked Question about Intel® Killer™ Control Center|
|Issues When Updating or Installing Intel® Killer™ Control Center|