The following are frequently asked questions about warranty information for Intel® Data Center Blocks (Intel® DCB).
Click or the topic for details:
1. What are the warranty terms and conditions for Intel® Server Boards and Intel® Server Systems products that include Intel® Server Boards, Intel® Server Systems, and Intel® RAID Controllers?Intel® Server Systems, Intel® Server Boards, and accessories are covered by a 3-year standard warranty except Backup Battery Unit (BBU), which comes with a 1-year warranty.
2. What are Intel® Data Center Blocks (Intel® DCB) warranty terms and conditions?Intel® Data Center Blocks (Intel® DCB) feature multiple Intel technologies, pre-configured or Configured to Order (CTO), and sold as a single product. Parts or components within the Intel DCB system are covered with different terms of warranty coverage.
All Intel Data Center Blocks orders are non-cancellable, not returnable (NCNR). For purposes of return, the product shall be at the lowest level of Intel finished goods that could be field replaced in the integrated system. An added advantage of purchasing Intel® DCB is that all customers are eligible for Advanced Warranty Replacement (AWR), which provides a shipment of the replacement Failed Replaceable Unit (FRU) before receipt of a failed part.
3. What is the warranty process for Intel® Data Center Blocks (Intel DCB) integrated system's component requiring replacement?
Contact Support to process a warranty request for the component that is exhibiting the failure. Intel Customer Support requires the following information to successfully process the warranty claim.
- The Intel® Data Center Block server system's product code and system serial number
- The component serial number and its description
Click How to find part/serial number of Intel Server Products. Select Data Center Block, and then select the component you need to replace.
4. What is the difference between an Advance Warranty Replacement (AWR) and Standard Warranty Replacement (SWR)?Review this page to see the difference.
This short video explains the difference.
5. What should I do if I found missing components after opening the Intel® DCB box?Provide a picture of server system, the Intel® DCB Product Code, and Serial Number. Identify the missing part/components, and then contact Point of Purchase within 30 days.
To locate the product code and serial number, refer to this image: