General troubleshooting steps when an Intel® Network Adapter is not recognized
Ethernet card does not show up in Device Manager.
Try the following steps when troubleshooting an Intel® Network Adapter that is not recognized:
- Verify the compatibility with the motherboard.
- On a dual server board, make sure the adapter is in a PCIe* slot controlled by a processor.
- Test in a different, working PCIe* slot.
- Try with a different network cable.
- Test the Intel® Ethernet Adapter on another compatible system.