Troubleshooting steps for No video signal via Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) launch console using BMC Web console on Intel® Server Boards.
Getting blank screen when Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) launch console is clicked for all Intel® Server Boards; unable to launch.
- Check the BMC Settings and confirm all other features are working fine on BMC web console.
- Confirm if Intel® Remote Management module (Intel® RMM) is installed.
- Confirm if latest Java Development Kit (JDK) is installed. If not, install latest version JDK.
- Check if KVM launch console is working on different system.
- If Yes, the issue is with the client machine, and you will need to contact your System Administrator for settings.
- If No, follow these steps:
Power off the server and remove the Alternating Current (AC) power from the Intel® Server Board. Then remove and reinstall the RMM module on the Intel Server Board.
Note The remote KVM session is available even when the server is powered off (in stand-by mode). No restart of the remote KVM session is required during a server reset or power on/off. A BMC reset—for example, due to a BMC watchdog initiated reset or BMC reset after BMC firmware update—requires the session to be reestablished. KVM sessions persist across system reset, but not across an AC power loss.
- Log in to BMC web console and check if KVM launch console works and if you're is able to get KVM access.
Unplug and re-plug the AC power supply to reset the KVM session and re-launch KVM.