Suggestions as to how to deal with a no-boot situation with a 3-beep code sequence.
System plays three beeps when powered on.
The three beeps during Power-On Self-Test (POST) is a memory-related error. As a result, proceed as follows:
- Ensure your memory modules are properly seated. See How to Properly Populate Memory Modules on Dual-socket Intel® Server Boards.
- See if the manufacturer and part number of your memory modules are compatible with your board; for this, follow the below steps:
- Access our Intel® Server Configurator.
- Select your Intel Server Board model under the Select Board/Compute Module column.
- Select Memory under the Select Category.
- See if your memory is listed there.