Suggestions as to how to deal with a no-boot situation with a 3-beep code sequence.
System plays three beeps when powered on.
The three beeps during Power-On Self-Test (POST) is a memory-related error. As a result, proceed as follows:
- Ensure your memory modules are properly seated. See How to Properly Populate Memory Modules on Dual-socket Intel® Server Boards.
- See if the manufacturer and part number of your memory modules are compatible with your board; for this, follow the below steps:
- Access our Intel® Server Configurator.
- Select your Intel Server Board model under the Select Board/Compute Module column.
- Select Memory under the Select Category.
- See if your memory is listed there.
If the situation persists, contact Support with the make and part number of the memory modules and the system event logs for further diagnosis.