Steps to determinate if the processor is the cause for artifacting issues.
Artifacting or pixelation during video playback causes system to crash and/or loss of video signal.
- Run the Processor Diagnostic tool, if it passes the test, the issue could be related to a defective motherboard.
- Test a different motherboard and graphics card.
If the above resolution does not solve the problem, try the following steps:
- Check that the latest graphics driver for the computer is installed. See How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1* for steps on how to update your driver.
- Confirm system configuration and compatibility
- Try a different video card
- Update to latest BIOS version
- Try different cables and monitors