Experiencing mild to severe eye strain when using screens connected to Intel® Integrated Graphics.
- Issues have been reported with Intel® HD Graphics 3000 up to 7th Generation Intel Graphics devices.
How to fix it:
- Intel has completed extensive and thorough testing of this issue. Intel has sought external testing to ensure various circumstances have not been overlooked and to ensure unbiased results.
- Intel has worked with individual customers, testing the actual platforms reported with the specific drivers users claiming to be causing the issue.
- Intel has sent the hardware and the drivers with & without perceived issues (version 2476 & 3347 respectively) to a 3rd party test lab [TUV Rheinland] that conducts eye comfort certification on visual displays. TUV tested various factors such as luminance, color, flicker, and blue light. TUV’s test results concluded no measurable difference between the drivers on neither internal nor external displays.
- Without measurable differences between the drivers, there is no objective way to resolve the issue.
Cause & More Information:
THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN USED BY OUR CUSTOMERS BUT NOT TESTED, FULLY REPLICATED, OR VALIDATED BY INTEL. INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY. ALL POSTINGS AND USE OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE SITE.