Server-oriented troubleshooting steps for processors beep codes
Board does not POST. Rather, it presents a 1-5-2-1 beep code error.
Because the 1-5-2-1 beep code initially points to a CPU socket population situation (click here), proceed as follows:
- Both CPU1 & CPU2 power need to be supplied even if CPU2 is not installed.
- Ensure the board-CPU combination is a compatibility one. For this, refer to our Product Specifications page.
- Make sure that the processor is properly seated. See the Intel® Processor Installation Support page.
- Verify that the processor has thermal paste.
- CPU1 needs to be installed in order to boot the system up.
- CPU1 must be populated before CPU2.
- Power supply needs to have enough wattage to provide the resources in a dual processor configuration. Check this on the Technical Product Specification document for the Intel board model in question.
- Test the processor in a known working, compatible motherboard.
- Check for physical damage like bents pins.