Troubleshooting steps to perform when the motherboard Local Area Network (LAN) ports do not work
The Intel® Ethernet Port of Intel® Ethernet Controller is not working.
- Test the system with another working LAN cable.
- Hold the power button until the system powers off. Turn on the computer after a few minutes.
- Update the Ethernet driver for your Intel® Ethernet Controller.
- If the Ethernet driver is already up to date, perform a clean driver installation:
- Uninstall the current driver, restart the computer, and reinstall it.
- Update the operating system (OS) to the latest version.
- Load BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) defaults.1
- If available, update the system BIOS to the latest version.1
1 Check the motherboard manufacturer site for BIOS and driver updates, including the instructions on how to update BIOS or load BIOS defaults.
If further assistance is required, contact the motherboard manufacturer.