How to Fix Error: System stuck on black screen when installing RHEL* 6.8 and RHEL* 6.9 Operating System
What am I seeing?
I'm unable to continue installing the Red Hat Enterprise Linux* (RHEL*) 6.8 and RHEL 6.9 operating system when the system is stuck on black screen.
How to fix it.
- Restart the system.
- Go to system's BIOS setup > Boot Maintenance Manager > Advanced Boot Options > Video BIOS and change UEFI boot mode to LEGACY.
- Restart and boot to installation media.
- Add nomodeset xdriver=vesa brokenmodules=ast as boot options.
- Follow the regular installation process.
- When prompted to reboot, add nomodeset xdriver=vesa brokenmodules=ast as boot options again before booting to operating system.
- Install AST2500 v1.03 drivers by running the auto-update.nsh file found in the Linux folder of the drivers.
- After installing the driver, the system will boot normally to operating system.