- Bluetooth can't be enabled
- In Device Manager, there is a Yellow bang (!, exclamation mark) next to the Bluetooth or Wireless (Wi-Fi) device
- In Device Manager, the properties of the Bluetooth or Wireless device shows status = "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE”
How to fix it:
Recommended troubleshooting steps:
- Perform a cold reboot (hold the power button until the PC powers off).
- For laptops, reseat the battery if possible (remove and reinstall). Refer to your system manufacturer for guidance.
- Find the Intel Bluetooth or Wireless(Wi-Fi) device in Device Manager and perform a clean driver installation, and then reboot the PC.
- Steps of a clean Wireless driver installation: Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers
- Intel Wireless device. Example: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
- Intel Bluetooth device. Example: Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)
When you uninstall the Bluetooth device, it may become an unknown device, which is expected. The Bluetooth device will be identified again after you reinstall the driver.
- Try a hard shut down (shut down and remove power and battery from device), wait for a couple of minutes and turn on the PC.
- Load BIOS defaults. Refer to your system manufacturer for guidance on settings/updates.
If the issue persists, check with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) of your system. List of Computer Manufacturer Support Websites
Cause & More Information:
The information in this article has been used by our customers but not tested, full replicated, or validated by Intel. Individual results may vary. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the terms and conditions of use of the site.