The Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application is used to manage:
- RAID Volumes: The application has the capability to combine multiple drives (RAID volumes) to maximize storage performance and potentially reduce data loss.
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Configuration: The application also has the capability to combine an Intel® Optane™ memory module with a slower performance drive to increase the overall responsiveness of the system.
Looking for the download link? The Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application can be downloaded from the Microsoft* Store.
Functionalities of the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application
The application is organized into five main areas that can be selected by using the navigation buttons on the left panel as shown below:
Click or the topic below to learn more about each of these main areas:
Gives a graphical overview of the current status of the storage subsystem of the computer. It will display only those items that are controlled by the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver. The following are displayed:
- Pass-through SATA and PCIe* disks
- Empty SATA ports
- RAID volumes
- Intel® Optane™ memory volumes
Within the application, you can click each of the objects listed to display more detailed information and actions associated with each item.
Allows the user to create RAID volumes (not related to Intel® Optane™ memory). Depending on the RAID level, the following actions are available:
- Disk Selection
- Selection to reserve data on one disk
- Volume size (select a percentage to create a matrix array: 2 volumes)
- Data strip size
- Enable write back cache on the volume
- Name the volume
Intel® Optane™ Memory
Allows for the management of system acceleration with Intel® Optane™ memory. How to use this portion of the application to enable/disable and accelerate with pinning is the same as covered in the Installation and User Guide.
In the image below, the Pinning pages are grayed out as this requires an Intel® Optane™ memory with 32GB capacity media.
Allows for the enablement/disablement of Link Power Management (LPM) of SATA devices (not related to Intel® Optane™ memory).
The user can use this tab to change Windows notification settings for the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application.
Automatic rebuild on hot plug option is only related to RAID volumes and not Intel® Optane™ memory volumes.