The security of our products and our customers’ data is a top Intel priority. Product security updates are periodically delivered through a process of coordinated disclosure.
Existing UEFI* setting restrictions for DCI (Direct Connect Interface) in 5th and 6th generation Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 Family, Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors, and Intel® Xeon® D Processor Family can potentially allow a limited physical presence attacker to access platform secrets through debug interfaces.
Intel has implemented and validated a UEFI firmware platform code update that resolves the issue. This update has been provided to system manufacturers, many of whom have already released updates to their customers.Potentially affected products
- Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
- Intel® Xeon® D processor Family
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 v6 Family
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 v5 Family
- Intel Atom® Processor C Series
- Contact your system manufacturer to obtain needed system updates.
Questions and Answers
Click or the question for the answer: