Troubleshooting methods to fix SMART error message: Contact your reseller or local Intel representative for assistance.
SMART (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) errors on my Intel® SSD
AA: Available Reserved Space
E8: Available Reserved Space
The Intel® Memory and Storage (MAS) tool shows a SMART error message that says Contact your reseller or local Intel representative for assistance. on SMART attributes AA and E8.
The Available Reserve Space attribute reports the number of reserve blocks remaining. The normalized value begins at 100, which corresponds to 100 percent availability of the reserved space. The threshold value for this attribute is 10 percent availability.
By itself this SMART attribute is not indicator of problems in the drive, however, there are some actions you can perform and additional details we can analyze to determine any possible issues.
Some methods are given below to fix the issues. Try them in the order listed:
- Download the latest Intel® Memory and Storage tool.
- Run the Intel® SSD Optimizer from the tool. See How to Run Intel® SSD Optimizer Using Intel® Memory and Storage Tool.
- If you get an error message while running the Intel® SSD Optimizer, check the following article: Error While Trying to Run the Intel® SSD Optimizer.
- Make sure that the latest firmware for your drive is installed. See a list of the latest firmwares here: Firmware Versions for Intel® Solid State Drives and Intel® Optane™ Memory.
- Perform a secure erase if updating the firmware did not fix the issue. Below are the links on how to perform secure erase on Intel® SSDs:
- If the issue persists, contact Intel Customer Support for assistance.