For this example, the adapter used is the Intel® Ethernet Connection X722 and Windows Server* 2016 as the base operating system.
- Download the driver package for your Operating System. Driver and Software List
- The EXE is a self-extracting compressed file and you can double-click the EXE you downloaded to automatically install the drivers and Proset software. For manual installation, continue to step 3.
- Use your favorite Zip software to extract the files from the installation package you downloaded (either PROWinx64.exe or PROWinx32.exe) to a temporary location. Example: C:\Temp\PROWinx64
- Open Device Manager
Right-click Start and click Device Manager OR run devmgmt.msc
- Right-click the connection you want to update and choose Update Driver Software. If there is no driver installed for that device it will show up with a yellow exclamation and have a generic name such as Ethernet Controller.
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software
- Click Browse and go to the folder where you extracted the driver files. Make sure that Include subfolders is checked so that it will scan the entire driver set.
- Click Next and it will start to install the driver software. Once installation is complete, it will show in the network adapters section.
- Continue with the same process for any other adapters you wish to update by selecting the adapter from the list.