Noisy Fans Issue on Intel® Server Board or System for S1200SP-Based Family
|Note||Information on this page is applicable for Intel® Server Board S1200SP Family, Intel® Server System R1304SP, and R1208SP. Please check applicable products at the bottom of this page. |
If you have a current-generation Intel server product, please visit www.intel.com/support and input your product name in the search box to look for the most recent content associated with your product
What am I seeing?
I'm encountering a noisy fan issue. The system fans are running at full speed on Intel® Server Board or System for S1200SP-based Family installed in pedestal or rack-mount chassis.
- Intel® Server Board S1200SP Family
- Intel® Server System R1304SPOSHBN, R1304SPOSHBNR, R1304SPOSHOR, R1304SPOSHORR, R1208SPOSHOR, and R1208SPOSHORR
- Intel® Server Chassis P4000XXSFDR, P4304XXSFCN, and P4304XXSHCN
How to fix it:
- Ensure memory modules are supported or validated and meet the requirements for the Intel® Server Board S1200SP.
- Check the list of validated memory modules for Intel® Server Board S1200SP Family. Refer to the THOL Builder section.
- Download the latest BIOS or software update package and review the step-by-step instructions and demo how to run the update.
- If the Sensor Data Record (SDR) isn't properly updated, the system usually doesn't know which fans and components to detect at which header. Not running this update causes alerts that raise the fan speed, especially on first system integrations. Applying the latest firmware usually quiets fans.
- Ensure that:
- The power supply is firmly seated in the power supply bay.
- The connector to the power supply is secured.
- The power cords are properly attached to the AC outlet.
- In case of using pedestal chassis, make sure the top cover is properly seated.
|For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips|