What am I seeing?
The Intel® Client Backup and Recovery Application license activation is tied to your computer's hardware. If you have activated a particular license and your computer's hardware changes due to repair, an error message appears.
How to fix it:
You must reactivate your license by exporting your current license data on the new system hardware:
- Navigate to Action–>License–>Offline Activation–>Export License Data
- Email the license file to activate.Keycode@falconstor.com, indicating hardware change in the subject line.
The hardware change string is not case-sensitive and the location in the subject line does not matter. Supersets of the string like Please reactivate my license because of hardware changes work. The email message subject line just needs to contain the base string.
When you receive an email response:
- Save the returned license file to a folder on the system running the Intel® Client Backup and Recovery Application.
- From the Intel® Client Backup and Recovery Application Action menu, navigate to License–>Offline Activation.
- Click Import Activation Code.
- On the Open dialog box, browse to the location where the returned license file exists and double-click it. On the confirmation message, click OK.
The license is now activated on the new hardware, and you can continue to back up and recover your disks.