This page contains a list of supported operating systems for the Intel® Server Board S3200SH/S3210SH. Operating systems not listed below are not supported by this Intel Server Board.
|Operating System ||Type of Testing ||Note |
|Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition* (32-bit) ||Compatibility & Stress || |
|Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition* for EM64T ||Compatibility & Stress || |
|Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition*, SP2 (32-bit) ||Compatibility & Stress || |
|Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition* for EM64T, SP2 ||Compatibility & Stress || |
|Red Hat* Enterprise Linux 5.0 AS, Update 1 (32-bit) ||Compatibility & Stress ||Update 1 required |
|Red Hat* Enterprise Linux 5.0 AS, Update 1, EM64T ||Compatibility & Stress ||Update 1 required |
|SuSE* Linux Enterprise Server 10, SP1 (32-bit) ||Compatibility & Stress ||SP1 required |
|SuSE* Linux Enterprise Server 10, SP1, EM64T ||Compatibility & Stress ||SP1 required |
|Microsoft Windows XP Professional*, SP2 (32-bit) ||Basic Installation ||3 |
|Red Hat* Enterprise Linux 4.0 AS, Update 4 (32-bit) ||Basic Installation || |
|Red Hat* Enterprise Linux 4.0 AS, Update 4, EM64T ||Basic Installation || |
|SuSE* Linux Enterprise Server 9 , SP4 (32-bit) ||Basic Installation || |
|SuSE* Linux Enterprise Server 9, SP4, EM64T ||Basic Installation || |
|Sun* Solaris 10 U5 ||Basic Installation ||4 |
For a list of Operating System certifications, please check the Tested Hardware and Operating System List located on support.
|Notes || |
- Adapter/Peripheral Compatibility & Stress testing is performed only on the most current release of a supported operating system at the time of a given validation run. The Adapter/Peripheral Compatibility & Stress testing process consists of three areas: Base Platform, Multiple Adapter, and Endurance:
- Base Platform: Each base platform will successfully install a given operating system, successfully run a disk stress test, and successfully run a network stress test.
- Adapter Compatibility: Adapter compatibility validation (CV) testing uses test suites to gain an
accurate view of how the server performs with a wide variety of adapters under the primary
supported operating systems. These tests are designed to show hardware compatibility
between the cards and the server platform and include functional testing only. No heavy
stressing of the systems or the cards is performed for CV testing.
- Stress Testing: This test sequence uses configurations that include add-in adapters in all available slots, (depending on chassis used) for a minimum 72-hour test run without injecting
errors. Each configuration passes an installation test, a Network/Disk Stress test, and tape backup test. Any fatal errors that occur will require a complete test restart.
- Basic installation testing is performed with each supported operating system. Basic installation testing validates that the server board can install the operating system and that the base hardware feature set is functional. A small set of peripherals is used for installation purposes only. No add-in adapter cards are tested. Testing may include network connectivity and running of proprietary and industry standard test suites.
- Does not support install from an external USB DVD drive when RAID mode is enabled.
- To use X-Window GUI, edit the script /usr/bin/X11/Xserver and use the following arguments to make color depth not larger than 16 bit.
SERVERARGS="-depth 16 -fbbpp 16"