Microsoft Windows* may experience blue screen with the error message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when the installation media doesn't include an integrated service pack.
Intel® Server Boards 5500, 5520, 1200, and 3420 series support enhanced sleep states, which rely on code found in the service packs as listed below:
- Windows Server 2003* 32-bit and 64-bit requires Service Pack 1.
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2003* requires Service Pack 1.
- Windows XP* 32-bit requires Service Pack 2.
- Temporarily change BIOS settings:
- BIOS > Advanced > Processor Configuration, disable Intel® Hyper-Threading Tech, and set Core Multi-Processing to 1.
- Install core OS, then install service packs.
- Re-enable Intel® Hyper-Threading Tech, and set Core Multi-Processing back to All.
- Install with media that includes the integrated service pack (slipstreamed).
Slipstreamed install required for Microsoft* Windows
|Note||Windows 2003* Release 2 isn't affected with this issue.|