Supported modules and cables for the Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter (Intel® Ethernet CNA) X710 Series with SFP+ connectivity.
Other brands of SFP+ optical modules will not work with the Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710 Series.
What SFP+ Modules are supported?
- Intel validated modules are listed in the Intel® Product Compatibility Tool.
- Intel® Ethernet SFP+ Optics can be purchased separately.
Which direct attach cables are compatible?
- Intel validated cables are listed in the Intel® Product Compatibility Tool.
- SFP+ passive or active limiting direct attach copper cables that comply with the SFF-8431 v4.1 and SFF-8472 v10.4 specifications.
- SFF-8472 identifier must have value 03h (SFP or SFP Plus). You can verify the value with the cable manufacturer.
- Maximum cable length for passive cables is 7 meters.
- Support for active cables requires Intel® Network Connections software version 22.01 or later.