Complete the steps to configure Intel® Embedded Server RAID Technology 2 for AHCI and SCU simultaneously.
Configure Intel® Embedded Server RAID Technology II Using BIOS Console Demo for Server Products Using Intel® Server Board S2600CO2 as an example, the board has the following:
Two white ports of 6 GBPS (SATA 0 and SATA 1) from the AHCI controller. The white ports are SATA by default, and cannot be changed to SAS.
Eight blue ports (SATA/SAS_0 to SATA/SAS_7) from SCU controller. But, you can change the blue SATA ports (default), to SAS by connecting a RAID upgrade Key. See the How to Configure Intel® Embedded Server RAID Technology 2 Using AHCI and SCU Simultaneously section in the Technical Product Specification.
Four hard drives. Two hard drives each of 6 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s, and No Upgrade Key. There are 4 blue ports that are active: SATA/SAS_0, SATA/SAS_1, SATA/SAS_2, and SATA/SAS_3.
- Connect two hard drives of 6 Gb/s in the White ports, SATA 0 and SATA 1.
- Connect two hard drives of 3 Gb/s in the blue ports, SATA/SAS_0 and SATA/SAS_1.
- Power on the Server. When prompted, press F2 to enter BIOS.
- Disable Quiet boot from the Main Option.
- Navigate to Advanced > Mass Storage Controller Configuration.
- Change AHCI controller configuration to RAID.
- Change AHCI capable SATA controller to LSI ESRT.
- Change SAS/SATA controller Configuration to LSI ESRT.
- Press F10 to Save the settings and restart the server.
- When the system restarts, you are prompted to press CTRL+E option to Enter Embedded Server RAID Technology. This option is for the hard drives that are connected to the AHCI controller.
- When you see the Management Options, click Configure.
- Go to New Configuration. When asked if you want to Proceed, select Yes and select the hard drives which have Status Ready with your mouse. Press the Space bar on the selected hard drives. This action changes the status to Online.
- Press F10, press space bar to get SPAN-01. Press F10. Select the RAID level. Click Accept. Press space bar.
- Press ESC once, to get Save Configuration, click Yes.
- Press ESC until you get Management Options again.
- Click Initialize. Press space bar to select the Virtual Drive.
- Press F10 to start the initialization process.
- When completed, press ESC to Exit and click Yes. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to start.
- After restarting, you see CTRL+E prompt. Skip this, and you are prompted to press CTRL+E again for the AHCI Controller.
- Follow the same steps used for the AHCI controller (steps 10-18), to configure RAID in ESRT-2 for ACHI Controller.
This completes the guide on how to configure RAID on both the onboard SATA controller.
|Note||These instructions might also be applicable to Intel® Server Boards that utilizes the following Intel® Chipsets: C600, C222, C224, and C226.|
|Configure Intel® Embedded Server RAID Technology II Using BIOS Console Demo for Server Products|