For Windows 7*, Intel® Ethernet Adapters can have full support, in-box only support, or both.
- In-box only
- In-box means the drivers are supplied with Windows*.
- Driver and software updates aren't available for adapters that are in-box only.
- You might be able to add an adapter with in-box support to a team using multivendor teaming (MVT). See the user guide for MVT considerations.
- Not included with in-box support:
- Intel® PROSet for Windows Device Manager
- Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) driver for teaming and VLANS
- Full support
- These adapters have updated drivers, Intel® PROSet for Windows Device Manager, and Intel ANS (teaming and VLAN) software available at the Download Center.
- To detect and update drivers for Wired Networking, use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.
- Manually download the latest Intel® Ethernet Software and Drivers.
Download drivers and software for Intel® Ethernet Adapters with full support.
Automatically identify and find wired Ethernet drivers with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA).
Intel® Ethernet Adapters with driver support for Windows 7*
|Product||In-Box Only||Full Support|
|10/100 Mbps Ethernet Adapters: ||Yes||No|
|PCI and PCI-X* Gigabit (1000 Mbps) Adapters: ||Yes||No|
|PCI Express* Gigabit (1000 Mbps) Adapters: ||Yes||Yes|
| || |
|PCI-X* 10 GbE (10 Gbps Ethernet Adapters): ||No||No|
|PCI Express* Intel® 10 Gigabit Ethernet Server Adapters with Intel® 82598 Ethernet Controller: ||Yes||Yes|
|PCI Express* Intel® Converged Network Adapters with Intel® 82599 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller: ||No||Yes|
|PCI Express* Intel® Converged Network Adapters with Intel® Ethernet Controller X540: ||No||Yes|
|Intel® Driver & Support Assistant|
|Wired Intel® Ethernet Adapter Drivers for Windows 7*|
|Is My Intel® Ethernet Adapter Supported in Microsoft Windows 8*?|