This article applies to all Intel® graphics drivers that show rotation within the Intel® Graphics Control Panel. The rotation capabilities and hotkeys have been removed from the latest Intel Graphics Control Panel starting with 6th Generation products. If rotation isn't visible in your Intel Graphics Control Panel and you wish to access rotation controls, they are available via the OS Display Settings and are called "Orientation".
The rotation feature of Intel® graphics drivers allows the user to rotate a monitor or display's entire image to one of four orientations when enabled. The image can be rotated 90°, 180°, 270°, and 0° (Normal).
|Note||The rotation feature may not be available if your computer manufacturer has disabled this feature.|
The steps below demonstrate how to use the rotation feature in the Intel Graphics Control Panel:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + F12 to open the Intel® Graphics Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Display Settings tab.
- Check the box for Enable Rotation.
- Select the appropriate Radio button for the desired level of rotation.
- Select Apply > OK.
All versions of the Intel® Graphics Control Panel support Hot Keys. These keys, when pressed, have the ability to automatically rotate your screen without having to go into the Intel® Graphics Control Panel. By default, the hot keys for rotation are as follows:
- 0 degrees (normal/upright): Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrow
- 90 degrees (quarter turn clockwise): Ctrl + Alt + Right Arrow
- 180 degrees (upside down): Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow
- 270 degrees (quarter turn counter-clockwise): Ctrl + Alt + Left Arrow
|Note||These hot keys can be changed if desired, via the Hot Key Manager located in the Intel® Graphics Control Panel.|
|Windows Settings - Change screen orientation|
|Intel® Graphics Control Panel Does Not Start After Installing it From the Microsoft Store|