Before you update:
Your computer manufacturer may provide software or drivers specifically configured for your system. Contact your manufacturer's support for the latest updates and technical support information.
Update your Wi-Fi driver and software
Click or the topic for details:
Option 1: Use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Recommended)
The easiest way to update your Wi-Fi driver and software is to download and install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. This tool identifies your adapter and updates your driver to the latest version, if needed.
Option 2: Manually Download your Driver
On Windows® 10, starting from release version 20.120, a driver-only package is provided, no Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software in the package.
On Windows 7/8.1*, when you update Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software, the driver is also updated by default.
- First, identify your Intel® Wireless Adapter and driver version number.
- Manually download your driver.
- After you have the software on your hard drive, double-click the executable. We recommend that you run setup as administrator. Right-click the executable file and Run as Administrator.
- Follow the Installation Wizard through the installation process.
- For Windows 10, driver will be automatically installed.
For Windows 7/8.1, during the installation process, choose one of the options below:
- Install: (install with default settings, which we recommend)
- Customize: See Installation Process for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for details about customized installation.