Before you update
Your computer manufacturer may provide software or drivers specifically configured for your system. Contact your manufacturer's support for the latest updates and technical support information.
Update your Wi-Fi driver and software
Click or the topic for details:
Option 1: Use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Recommended)
The easiest way to update your Wi-Fi driver and software is to download and install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. This tool identifies your adapter and updates your driver to the latest version, if needed.
Option 2: Manually Download your Driver
On Windows® 10, starting from release version 20.120, a driver-only package is provided, no Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software in the package.
On Windows 7/8.1*, when you update Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software, the driver is also updated by default.
- First, identify your Intel® Wireless Adapter and driver version number.
- Manually download your driver.
- After you have the software on your hard drive, double-click the executable. We recommend that you run setup as administrator. Right-click the executable file and Run as Administrator.
- Follow the Installation Wizard through the installation process.
- For Windows 10, driver will be automatically installed.
For Windows 7/8.1, during the installation process, choose one of the options below:
- Install: (install with default settings, which we recommend)
- Customize: See Installation Process for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for details about customized installation.