Facial Recognition Privacy Notice
Last Revised: July 7, 2020
This privacy notice explains what personal information about you Intel Corporation (“Intel” or “We”, “Our”) collects through the use of Facial Recognition technology (“FR technology”) as you enter and pass through the Intel campus. The FR technology provides likely matches from live security camera footage with our previously stored records. Intel is committed to protecting your personal information and your overall safety and security in relation to your time on the Intel campus.
Intel maintains a record of facial biometric templates from:
- Badge photos of current and former employees, contingent workers and privileged visitors
- Other images and video footage captured in relation to security and safety incidents
The FR technology extracts a biometric template from live or recorded security camera footage which is then compared with our previously stored templates.
Intel uses FR technology to identify likely facial biometric template matches for the following purposes:
- To restrict access to registered/authorized individuals to certain areas
- To maintain safety and security of our campus and premises
- To support the effective management of campus operations
- To support investigations approved by Corporate Security and/or HR Legal
- To identify and/or locate individuals in an emergency
The matches generated by the FR system may be handled and used by the following recipients for the reasons given above and generally to maintain a safe, secure and efficient campus operation:
- Intel Corporate Security
- Intel Human Resources
- Intel Environmental Health and Safety
Intel will not share your information except where we are required to do so by law, for example with government bodies or law enforcement agencies.
For templates that serve as references for the FR technology:
- Templates purged ten years after termination for workers leaving under normal conditions
- Templates purged after 30 years for individuals who are denied access to Intel facilities
For temporary templates that are created from live or recorded video footage:
- Templates purged after 31 days, in alignment to our security video retention guidelines
The information gathered is retained in an environment designed to be secure and only accessible by authorized personnel with a valid reason to access the data.
For further details about how Intel manages the information collected about you, including details of the security arrangements, rights you have over your personal data and who to contact should you have further questions or wish to lodge a formal complaint please go to Intel’s Global Employee and Contingent Worker Privacy Notices if you are subject to that notice, otherwise to Intel’s external Global Privacy Notice.
Changes to this notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review and will place any updates here. The “Last Revised” section at the top of this notice states when this privacy notice was last updated. We encourage you to periodically review this notice to stay informed about how we collect, use, and share personal information.