This download record contains the BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Server Board S2600BP Family for UEFI, read firmware dependencies in requirements section.
- OS Independent
- Size: 24.8 MB
- SHA1: 01C26FB50E4E234B86E68CF5754D147EFE259817
Do NOT use this Software Update Package (SUP) if the system is an Intel® Data Center Block for Nutanix* Enterprise Cloud, the said system relies on Nutanix’s Prism Life Cycle Manager for any firmware updates. For more information, visit Nutanix* Life Cycle Manager page. For a list of hardware and firmware compatibility, visit the Nutanix* Hardware and Firmware compatibility page.
To update the system firmware stack to the versions included in this update package, the currently loaded system firmware stack on the system must meet the following:
- System BIOS - 00.01.0009
- ME Firmware - 04.00.04.288
- BMC Firmware - 1.29
- FRUSDR - 1.24
Failure to get to the required firmware stack, may cause unexpected results.
This update package includes the following production-level system firmware updates:
- System BIOS: 00.01.0013
- ME Firmware: 04.00.04.294
- BMC Firmware: 1.43.660a4315
- FRUSDR: 1.30
To run these updates, you must boot the system to the embedded UEFI* shell.
Downgrading BMC below 1.43.660a4315 is not supported due to a security revision change.
General installation procedure
1. Unzip the contents of the update package and copy all files to the root directory
of a removable media (USB flash drive)
2. Insert the USB flash drive to any available USB port on the system to be updated
3. Power on the server and load the uEFI shell
4. Begin the update process running the Startup.nsh
5. Reboot the system after the update process has successfully completed
If the system doesn't currently meet the above system firmware requirements, you must download a previously-posted System Update Package (SUP) and update the system to the preceding described firmware revisions before updating the system to the firmware stack included in this package.
- Refer first to the release notes and readme and update instructions files for detailed information on installation instructions, supported hardware, what is new, bug fixes, and known issues before starting the firmware update.
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.