Contains files to update the non-volatile memory update utility version 6.80 for Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710, X710, and X550 Series. (6.80a)
- OS Independent
- Size: 180.2 MB
- SHA1: 5F20A3D3117CEFB61C8C7BAE526E084F1B1EF132
This package contains all files required to update the non-volatile memory (NVM) on the Intel® Ethernet Adapters in your system. It contains the NVM update utility, configuration file, updated NVM binaries, and required driver files.
NVM update to version 6.80 with release 23.4 includes Recovery Mode.
Note: NVM 6.01 can be used with 23.4 SW Release.
Installation uses normal upgrade installation procedures.
- Normal NVM Upgrade (Intel® Ethernet NVM Update Tool) can be used to enable the new features.
- Reboot required. A/C power cycle is not required when updating from the previously released version. Intel recommends following the instructions provided with the NVM Update tool.
- NVM update to version x.x enables anti-rollback mode. After upgrading, downgrade to previous NVM versions isn't possible.
Note: The design of Recovery Mode precludes rollback to prior versions of the NVM. This is because the addition of the Recovery Mode capability changed the definition of some regions of the NVM to be write-protected. Rollback to a prior version requires access to these write-protected regions, and therefore the rollback would fail.
- Recovery Mode has no impact to normal operation.
- To fully support Recovery Mode, the updated Ethernet NVM, software driver, and software tool in Release 23.4 or later must all be used.
See the readme file for more information, such as limitations and prerequisites, UEFI requirements, and how to use a script.
- Intel® Ethernet NVM Update Tool: Usage Guide for Windows*
- Intel® Ethernet NVM Update Tool Quick Usage Guide for Linux*
- Intel® Ethernet NVM Update Tool: Quick Usage Guide for EFI
- Intel® Ethernet NVM Update Tool: Quick Usage Guide for VMware ESX*
- Intel® Ethernet NVM Update Tool: Quick Usage Guide for FreeBSD*
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
- Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter XL710-QDA1 for Open Compute Project
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XXV710-AM1
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-T4
- Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA1 for OCP
- Intel® Ethernet Controller X710-AM2
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710-AM2
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-DA2
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA1
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-DA4
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710-AM1
- Intel® Ethernet Controller X710-BM2
- Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter XL710-QDA2 for Open Compute Project
- Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2 for OCP
- Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA2
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XXV710-AM2
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710-BM1
- Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter X710-DA2 for OCP
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710-BM2
- Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter XXV710-DA1
The content on this page is a combination of human and computer translation of the original, English-language content. This content is provided for your convenience and for general information only and should not be relied upon as complete or accurate. If there is any contradiction between the English-language version of this page and the translation, the English-language version will govern and control. View the English-language version of this page.