Intel® Fortran Compiler for Windows 18.0 Update 4 (part of Parallel Studio XE 2018)
Intel® Fortran Compiler for Windows 19.0 Initial Release (part of Parallel Studio XE 2019)
Microsoft Windows 7* Pro (SP1), Microsoft Windows 10*, or Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (R2)*, Windows Server 2016
When debugging a Fortran program Microsoft* Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7.x or version 15.8.x crashes with the following error message:
"A previous session terminated unexpectedly. Disabling extension Intel® Fortran Expression Evaluator might help prevent similar issues."
In addition there is another issue that Fortran array values are not visible at a breakpoint:
The fixes will be available in Intel® Fortran Compiler for Windows 19.0 Update 1 (part of Parallel Studio XE 2019 Update 1).
Follow these steps to install 'Intel® Fortran Expression Evaluator patch':
1. Uninstall the current version of Intel® Fortran Expression Evaluator :
- From the main Microsoft* Visual Studio menu bar, click Tools → Extensions and Updates.
- In the “Extensions and Updates” dialog, select Installed → Tools.
- Select Intel® Fortran Expression Evaluator from the list and click “Uninstall”.
- Restart Visual Studio.
2. Install the new version of Intel® Fortran Expression Evaluator :
- Download and unzip attached FEEpatch.zip file
- Double click on the FEE_VSIX_v15.vsix installer.
- Select Microsoft Visual Studio product installed on your system where you would like to install Intel Fortran Expression Evaluator extension for Visual Studio and click “Install”.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.