This page provides the current Release Notes for the GNU* Project Debugger (GDB*). The notes are categorized by year, from newest to oldest, with individual releases listed within each year.
Click a version to expand it into a summary of new features and changes in that version since the last release, and access the download buttons for the detailed release notes, which include important information, such as pre-requisites, software compatibility, installation instructions, and known issues.
You can copy a link to a specific version's section by clicking the chain icon next to its name.
- GDB 8.3 (application debugger)
- Updated to Python* 3.
- Intel System Studio 2019 - GNU Project Debugger (GDB) Update 5 includes functional and security updates. Users should update to the latest version.
- Intel System Studio 2019 - GNU Project Debugger (GDB) Update 4 includes functional and security updates. Users should update to the latest version.
- Updates GDB version to 8.2.1.
- Adds Control-flow Enforcement Technology (CET) debug support for GDB server.
- Updates outbound license for GDB Eclipse plugin to “Eclipse public license 2.0“.
- Temporarily removes following faulty debug features for Fortran:
- Extended support for additional function entry points
- Setting breakpoints by name on nested functions
- Variable-length array (VLA) stride support
- Dynamic string support
- Extended support for intrinsic functions (KIND, LBOUND, UBOUND, RANK, SIZE, ASSOCIATED and ALLOCATED)
- Attention: In future releases of GDB, the included Python runtime will contain the highest version of Python 3. The present release includes the Python 2.7.16 version. Customers are requested to transition their scripts from Python 2 to Python 3 before the next release of GDB.
- Adds support of "Shadow Stack" and "Indirect branch tracking" capabilities of "Control-flow Enforcement Technology (CET)" to native GDB-IA.
- Intel® System Studio 2019 - GNU* Project Debugger (GDB) Update 2 includes functional and security updates. Users should update to the latest version.
- Updates GDB-IA CDT plugin to work with Java* 11 and Eclipse* 2018-12.
- GDB 8.0.1 (application debugger)
- Improved support for Intel® Processor Trace and Intel® Memory Protection Extensions for GDB 8.0.1
- GDB 7.12 (application debugger)
- Improved support for Intel Processor Trace and Intel Memory Protection Extensions for GDB 7.12
- Intel® Debugger for Heterogeneous Compute 2018
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.