Intel News Release
Intel Honors 16 Companies with Preferred Quality Supplier Award
SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 3, 2010 – Intel Corporation today bestowed 16 companies with its Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) award. In the past year, these companies demonstrated commitment to quality and exceeded high expectations and tough performance goals, distinguishing themselves from thousands of suppliers that work with Intel.
Winners of the PQS award are:
AceCo Precision Manufacturing; Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc.; ASML; Cabot Microelectronics Corporation; Cisco Systems, Inc.; DAIFUKU; FUJIFILM Electronic Materials; Grohmann Engineering; Hirata Corporation; Nikon Corporation; Nippon Mining & Metals Co., Ltd.; Nordson ASYMTEK; Praxair Electronics; Rofin-Baasel; Skanska; and Tokyo Electron Limited.
"Today more than ever, it's important for companies to build strong relationships with world-class, quality suppliers" said Craig Brown, vice president of Intel's Technology and Manufacturing Group and director of Materials. "It's our pleasure to recognize this year's Preferred Quality Suppliers. These companies have embraced the knowledge that quality extends beyond historical definitions. In addition to providing excellent products and services, quality companies work to reduce negative impacts on the global environment while delivering unique customer value. 2009's Preferred Quality Supplier award winners have successfully embedded these ideas in their businesses and we are proud to work with such leaders."
"Given the challenges inherent in developing and delivering solutions at the leading edge of the semiconductor technology roadmap, Intel's top-performing suppliers have distinguished themselves more in 2009," said Robert Bruck, vice president of Intel's Technology and Manufacturing Group and general manager of Technology Manufacturing Engineering. "These companies are market leaders in innovation, excellence, operational efficiency and customer orientation. They're role models for corporate responsibility, business ethics and sustainable business practices."
The PQS award is part of Intel's Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) program that encourages suppliers to strive for excellence and continuous improvement. To qualify for PQS status, suppliers must score 80 percent on a report card that assesses performance and ability to meet cost, quality, availability, delivery, technology and customer satisfaction goals. Suppliers must also achieve 80 percent or greater on a challenging improvement plan and demonstrate solid quality and business systems. Furthermore, the 2009 awardees demonstrated compliance to the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition Code of Conduct and Intel's Environmental Social Governance Program. Additional information about the SCQI program is available at supplier.intel.com/quality.
Recognition events, in conjunction with Intel Supplier Day, will be held in Tokyo and Anaheim, Calif. this month to honor the winners. In addition, an announcement will run in the March 31 U.S. edition and April 1 Europe and Asia editions of The Wall Street Journal with acknowledgement on Intel's corporate Web site, www.intel.com.
The PQS winners provide Intel with the following products and services:
- AceCo Precision Manufacturing* supplies factory spares and refurbishment.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. supplies full turnkey packaging and test services.
- ASML supplies lithography process tools.
- Cabot Microelectronics Corporation supplies CMP slurries.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.* supplies networking hardware infrastructure, IP telephony and enterprise collaboration products.
- DAIFUKU supplies fab automated material handling systems.
- FUJIFILM Electronic Materials* supplies advanced chemistry and equipment for semiconductor device manufacturing.
- Grohmann Engineering supplies assembly capital equipment and engineering support.
- Hirata Corporation supplies material handling tools.
- Nikon Corporation supplies lithography scanners.
- Nippon Mining & Metals Co., Ltd.* supplies sputter targets.
- Nordson ASYMTEK supplies dispense equipment.
- Praxair Electronics* supplies electronic process and bulk gases, sputtering targets, and spare parts management.
- Rofin-Baasel* supplies laser mark equipment.
- Skanska* provides construction management.
- Tokyo Electron Limited* supplies semiconductor production equipment.
*2008 PQS award winner
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.