Intel News Release
Intel Fourth-Quarter Net Income $2.3 billion, Up 875%
- Revenue $10.6 Billion, up $2.3 Billion and 28% Year-over-Year
- Record Gross Margin of 65%, up 12 Points Year-over-Year
- Operating Income $2.5 Billion, up $958 Million and 62% Year-over-Year
- Net Income $2.3 Billion, up $2.0 Billion and 875% Year-over-Year
- EPS 40 Cents, up 36 Cents Year-over-Year
Fourth-Quarter Results, Excluding the Settlement Agreement with AMD
- Non-GAAP Operating Income $3.7 Billion, up $2.2 Billion and 143% Year-over-Year
- Non-GAAP Net Income $3.1 Billion, up $2.3 Billion and 267% Year-over-Year
- Non-GAAP EPS 55 Cents, up 40 Cents Year-over-Year
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 14, 2010 – Intel Corporation today reported fourth-quarter revenue of $10.6 billion. The company reported operating income of $2.5 billion, net income of $2.3 billion and EPS of 40 cents.
For 2009 Intel posted revenue of $35.1 billion. The company reported full-year operating income of $5.7 billion, net income of $4.4 billion and EPS of 77 cents. The company generated more than $11 billion in cash from operations and paid cash dividends of $3.1 billion.
"Intel's strong 2009 results reflect our investment in industry-leading manufacturing and product innovation," said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO. "This strategy has enabled us to generate unprecedented operating efficiencies while growing our traditional businesses and creating exciting new market opportunities, even in difficult economic times. Our ability to weather this business cycle demonstrates that microprocessors are indispensable in our modern world. Looking forward, we plan to deliver the benefits of computing to an expanding set of products, markets and customers."
View earnings commentary from Intel CFO Stacy Smith at 1:30 p.m. pacific time
To read the complete earnings release, click here.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.