Eight-Core Performance for Maximum Gaming Intensity
The Intel® Dual Socket Extreme Desktop Platform delivers heart-pounding performance for the latest generation of multi-threaded games.
See what the press is saying about the game:
"Intel's Skull Trail [Intel® Dual Socket Extreme Desktop Platform] platform is the highest performing setup we have ever tested."
—Hot Hardware 2/3/08
For those who crave performance - more than what four processing cores and two graphic cards can deliver
Intel® Desktop Board D5400XS and two Intel® Core™2 Extreme processors QX9775, provide the backbone for this exciting new platform¹.
The ground-breaking Intel® Desktop Board D5400XS is the first dual CPU socket desktop board from Intel. With dual CPU capability that provides up to 8 core processing, it delivers performance for advanced digital media creation and an intense visual gaming experience.
- Supports** both NVIDIA SLI Technology* and ATI CrossFireX Technology* -- up to 4 graphics cards on 4 PCI Express* slots for intense visual experience
- Supports up to 8GB FBDIMM 800 Memory
- Supports Dolby* Home Theater 7.1ch certified audio
Incredible eight-core gaming performance when fueled by two Intel® Core™2 Extreme processors QX9775. Each featuring:
- Up to 12 MB of cache, 1600 MHz FSB, and 3.2 GHz clock to handle massive data throughput
- Hafnium-infused circuitry drives innovative processor design, enabling greater performance and efficiency
- Overspeed protection removed allowing you to tune your system for maximum performance²
A powerful platform for gaming and digital media applications.
The Intel® Dual Socket Extreme Desktop Platform-based PCs deliver performance for the latest generation of multi-threaded digital media applications. Blast through rendering media and compiling code. Ideal for multitasking – running processor intensive applications, like encoding, while working on other applications.
¹ 'Platform' refers to Intel® Desktop Board D5400XS plus up to two Intel® Core™2 Extreme quad-core processor QX9775 – all sold separately
² Warning: altering clock frequency and/or voltage may (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system and processor; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications
** As is the case for any multiple-graphics system, the graphics vendor must supply a driver to enable the number of GPUs supported.