- Whenever the Thunderbolt™ logo appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries."
- Whenever the Thunderbolt™ brand appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries."
Proper trademark usage rules include:
- As with all other trademarks, the Thunderbolt™ trademark should be used as an adjective and not as a noun. This means that an appropriate and approved noun from the list above must accompany the Thunderbolt™ mark (e.g., Thunderbolt™ technology)
- The appropriate use of trademark symbol with this trademark is as follows: Thunderbolt™ technology
- Use the trademark symbol in the first appearance of the trademark in a headline, and/or the first prominent use, and first appearance in the body of text
- Never hyphenate or abbreviate the Thunderbolt™ trademark
- The Thunderbolt™ trademark can be incorporated into a third party product name if it’s based off the Thunderbolt™ technology, such as XYZ Thunderbolt™ adapters
|Thunderbolt™ technology||Thunder Bolt™ technology|
|Thunderbolt™ technology||ThunderBolt™ technology|
|XYZ Thunderbolt™ adapter||XYZ Intel Thunderbolt™ adapter|
|Thunderbolt™ technology ready||Thunderbolt ready|
|Thunderbolt™ technology enabled product||Thunderbolt-enabled product|