- Whenever the Itanium® brand appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Itanium is a trademark or registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.”
- Whenever the Itanium® logo appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Intel, the Intel logo, the Intel Inside logo and Itanium are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.”
Proper trademark usage rules include:
- As with the Intel® trademark, the only approved hyphenated use of Itanium® is: Itanium®-based.
- An appropriate and approved noun must accompany the phrase Itanium®-based. See the above list of approved nouns for the phrase Itanium®-based.
- Generally, the noun that accompanies the trademark should be in lower case (e.g., Itanium®-based system).
- Please note that the above nouns are not approved nouns to follow the Itanium® mark. In addition brand, mark, name and trademark are not acceptable nouns for Itanium-based.
- Do not use the Intel® trademark before Itanium®-based.
- Use the trademark symbol in the first appearance of the trademark in a headline, and/or the first prominent use and first appearance in the body of text. The appropriate use of trademark symbols with this trademark is as follows: Itanium®-based system
- Do not abbreviate Itanium®-based.
- Never incorporate the phrase Itanium®-based into a third party's product brand name or model number.