Can I use rKVM from behind a firewall?
Yes. The rKVM utility uses ports:
Your firewall documentation should contain instructions on port forwarding.
Why don't I see an option for remote KVM for my compute modules?
Early firmware did not have that option enabled. Please update to the latest firmware update package
What can I try, if the rKVM isn't working?
In order, please try:
- Updating to the latest firmware update package
- If using Mozilla Firefox 2.0*, ensure you are using Sun Java Plugin 6.3*, or Java Runtime 1.6.0 (Microsoft Internet Explorer* uses ActiveX instead)
- If using Microsoft* Internet Explorer 7.0, try disabling Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration (IE ESC), add the IP address to the "trusted" zone, and set the security level to low.
- Try a different client browser. Microsoft* Internet Explorer 6.0 may allow functionality even when Internet Explorer 7.0 does not
- Try a different client OS. Microsoft Windows XP* may allow functionality when Microsoft Vista* does not
Does Microsoft Internet Explorer 8* work with the GUI and the CMM?
The MPECS Inc. Blog from January 2, 2010 recommends lowering the security settings to getting the KVM to work. There may be other issues clicking various options.