Known Issue 1: You may observe the buttons do not work, or a run-time error “Object doesn’t support this property or method” appears when you open the EPE tool. This is due to a Microsoft security update.
Microsoft has released an update to fix this issue, please go to the following Microsoft Support page:
Excel 2013: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2920754
If the above update doesn't fix the issue, or if you do not have access to these updates, following are the workarounds that you should try:
- Reboot the computer if you've installed the above update.
- Close all Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Open a Windows Explorer, and enter "%temp%" (without quotes) into the address bar.
- Press "Ctrl" + "F" and enter ".exd" (without quotes) into the search box.
- If any files with extension ".exd" are found, select and delete ALL found files.
- Next, enter "%appdata%" (without quotes) into the address bar. Again, press "Ctrl" + "F" and search for ".exd", and delete ALL found files.
- Reopen the EPE.
If the issues remain, please follow these steps:
- Open the EPE tool, go to "File" -> "Info" -> "Compatibility Mode" and click the "Convert" button.
- If a pop-up appears, click "OK" to proceed with conversion, and then click "Yes" to reopen the workbook.
The previous steps convert the original ".xls" EPE file into a ".xlsm" file. The newly created file should not exhibit the original issue.
Microsoft's description for this issue can be found at: