Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse Information
Information on using the Nios II Software Build Tools (SBT) for Eclipse is available in the Nios II Software Developer's Handbook on the Nios II processor documentation page.
The Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse installation includes a searchable, indexed help system that covers all Software Build Tools for Eclipse-related topics. These help topics are accessible once you install the Nios II embedded processor development tools.
The Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse Quick Start Tutorial:
- Teaches you how to create, build, and run Nios II software code on a target board
- Demonstrates the quickest way to create and run a software application
To start the Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse Quick Start Tutorial:
Launch the Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse from the Start Menu or from the System Generation tab in the SOPC Builder.
- Choose Help > Cheat Sheets.
- Expand C/C++ Development.
- Click Creating C/C++ Projects.
- Click OK.
The Nios II Software Development Tutorial:
- Teaches you how to create, build, run, and debug Nios II software codes on a target board
- Provides you with the information needed to create and build a C/C++ application project and its corresponding system library project
- Explains the various options available and shows you how to edit project properties
Note: Intel® FPGA recommends using the Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse as the software development platform for all new projects. Refer to the Nios II Software Developer's Handbook, Appendix A: Using the Nios II Integrated Development Environment to learn how to migrate your Nios II IDE project to the Nios II SBT for Eclipse.